Oh, the tween to teen years! Sigh. They rebel against almost everything. Yes, Church is included. It happens.
How do you motivate your teens? Well here are a few creative suggestions.
My mother once told me that reading my Bible was equivalent to food. If you went 24 hours without food, how productive would you be if you tried to run a mile? You can’t run your Spiritual race if your spirit is starving.
Nourishment for the soul may have to be hidden like some moms creatively put veggies into cupcakes.
1. Are they texters? Text them a Scripture a day.
2. Offer to purchase a small amount iTunes card- if they purchase Christ-centered songs. Toby Mac anyone?
3. Have a bookworm? Try any one of the outstanding Christian authors that appeal to teens such as Frank Peretti.
4. TV fanatic? Try the new American Bible Challenge airing on the GSN network. Or get the 3 Left Behind films.
5. Sports fan? Tim Tebow. Need I say more?
6. Try tweets or statuses that are Scriptures. If they don’t like it on their pages or walls, offer to stop- if they’ll read 20 minutes of their Bible a day.
God promised that His Word won’t return void. Plant as many seeds as you can.